Brock Purdy was unstoppable Sunday at Levi’s Stadium as the 49ers defeated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by a score of 27-14, posting a perfect passer rating in the Week 11 victory.
The 23-year-old quarterback completed 21 of his 25 pass attempts for 333 yards and three touchdowns with a career-high 158.3 passer rating, the highest mark achievable.
Purdy joined 49ers legends Joe Montana and Steve Young as the only quarterbacks in franchise history to accomplish such a feat, but that wasn’t the only way he etched his name in the history books. during Sunday’s victory. Here are eight more mind-blowing stats from the young quarterback’s big game:
- Purdy’s 158.3 passer rating on 25 pass attempts makes him the first 49ers quarterback to reach that mark (minimum 20 attempts).
- With a passer rating of 158.3, Purdy joins Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson and Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff as the only quarterbacks under the age of 24 in the NFL history of achieving a passer rating of 158.3.
- With a passer rating of 148.9 in Week 10 against the Jacksonville Jaguars and a passer rating of 158.3 against Tampa Bay, Purdy became the youngest player in NFL history to post a passer rating of 145.0 or higher. in consecutive starts and the first NFL QB to post a passer rating of 145.0 or higher in consecutive starts since former QB Drew Brees in 2018.
- Purdy also became the first 49ers quarterback to record a passer rating of 140.0 or higher in consecutive games since quarterback Alex Smith in 2012.
- Purdy’s 3 touchdown passes give him 18 on the season and 31 for his career. His 76-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk marked the longest touchdown pass of his career and the longest touchdown pass by an NFL quarterback this season.
- Purdy has recorded four career games with three or more touchdown passes and a passer rating of 140.0 or higher, which are the most such games by a player in his first two seasons in league history. NFL (Hall of Fame QB Kurt Warner, three games in 1999). ).
- Purdy (15 starts) also became the sixth QB in NFL history to record a passer rating of 100 or more in 10 of his first 15 career starts (HOF QB Kurt Warner – 11 starts; HOF QB Dan Marino – 10 starts; QB Ben Roethlisberger – 10 starts; Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes – 11 starts; Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott – 11 starts.
- With 365 passing yards against the Cincinnati Bengals and 333 passing yards against the Bucs, Purdy became the first 49ers QB to throw for 300 or more yards in consecutive home games since Steve Young in 1998.
Certainly rarefied air for the final overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. Purdy continues to find ways to prove he’s the franchise quarterback 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan has been looking for, and the guy he can hopefully take San Francisco to its elusive sixth Super Bowl victory.
Download and follow the 49ers Talk podcast