Sean “Diddy” Combs did not seem very happy despite reaching a settlement in the explosive rape and abuse lawsuit filed by his ex-girlfriend Cassie.
In photos obtained by Page Six, the “I’ll Be Missing You” rapper looked stressed and solemn as he hid his face in his hands while sitting outside his Miami home on Saturday.
The music mogul, dressed casually in a T-shirt and sweatpants, was seen alongside his chief of staff, Kristina Khorram.
At one point, Khorram showed Combs something on his cell phone before the musician decided to lie down on the outdoor couch.
The Bad Boy Records founder was also seen taking a long phone call and strolling around his property.
Representatives for Combs did not immediately respond to Page Six’s request for comment.
The photos mark the first time the rapper has been seen since the “Me & U” singer, born Casandra Ventura, filed her lawsuit on Thursday, alleging that he had subjected her to years of physical, sexual and mental abuse.
In court documents obtained by Page Six, Ventura, 37, accused Combs, 54, of forcing her to have sex with prostitutes while he watched and masturbated, in addition to physically abusing her and giving her drugs when she only had 19 years.
“Throughout the years that Mr. Combs physically and sexually abused Ms. Ventura, she time and again attempted to escape his tight control over her life,” the lawsuit states. “Every time she went into hiding, Mr. Combs’ vast network of corporations and affiliated entities found her, and those who worked for Mr. Combs’ companies implored her to return to him.”
The lawsuit also claimed that Combs “was prone to uncontrollable anger and frequently savagely beat Ms. Ventura.”
To see more Page Six that you love…
Combs denied the claims through his attorney, Ben Brafman, who claimed that Ventura had been demanding money prior to the lawsuit.
“Mr. Combs vehemently denies these offensive and scandalous allegations,” Brafman said in a statement. “For the past 6 months, Mr. Combs has been subjected to Ms. Ventura’s persistent demand for $30 million, under “the threat to write a damaging book about their relationship, which was unequivocally rejected as blatant blackmail.”
Just 24 hours after Ventura’s filing, the explosive lawsuit was resolved.
In separate statements, both parties said they reached an agreement “amicably.”
“I have decided to resolve this matter amicably in terms of me having some level of control,” Ventura said, adding, “I want to thank my family, fans and attorneys for their unwavering support.”
The music producer echoed the sentiment, stating: “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best. Love.”
Combs’ attorney later issued an additional statement emphasizing that the agreement is not an admission of guilt.
“To be clear, the decision to settle a lawsuit, especially in 2023, is in no way an admission of wrongdoing,” Brafman said in a statement to Page Six on Saturday.
“Sir. Combs’ decision to settle the lawsuit in no way undermines his outright rejection of the claims. He is happy that they have reached a mutual settlement and wishes Ms. Ventura the best.”